Monday, November 7, 2011

My Journey of Gratitude - Day 6

What started out as an Experiment has now become a Journey.  My experience so far in 6 days of spending 10 minutes a day in Gratitude has taken on a life of its own and I'm now on a Journey of Gratitude, curious to see where this particular journey takes me.

Gratitude shows up in a myriad of forms-words of thankfulness, music that soothes the soul, visions and symbols, dreams, feelings, new rhythms and beats.  There is no one way to be in the state of gratitude--only your way of being there.  That may remain the same for you or, like me, change and move differently day to day.

Some days it is easy to feel the flow of gratitude coursing through my being and other days, not so much.  This morning is one of those 'not so much' days.  At first I was worried that I couldn't feel that 'mountain top' experience of gratefulness and then I spent precious moment trying to make it happen.
"What a stupid experiment I'm doing! I MUST be grateful!  Let me just change that ingratitude to gratitude right now."
 
Then I heard my inner voice tell me 'Relax into this moment and allow it to be whatever it is.'  So I did.  I took a deep breath and made the choice (and ALL change begins with a choice) and let go of my preconceived ideas of what I thought being in gratitude should be and allowed myself to just be in the flow of 'what is.'

That doesn't mean that I'm not grateful.  I am.  I still said my gratitude prayers, thanking & blessing all that I have in my life.  I just wasn't 'feeling' it if you know what I mean. 

Life has an ebb and a flow--like the tide.  So I sat and focused on the ebb and flow of my breathing.  In and out.  Breathing in and bringing in.  Breathing out and letting go.  In and out.

Meister Eckhart said "If all you ever say in your whole life is 'thank you' that will suffice.' 

So for today I just said 'thank you that I am alive' and I trust that is enough.

In gratitude,
Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful to have a Gratitude Buddy like Bonnie. Who do you have? Who in your life is the person or persons who always have your back - just like you have theirs? Katie

    ReplyDelete